Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA), Bangalore invites applications from candidates who have passed Diploma Examination conducted by the Board of Technical Examinations in Karnataka or an equivalent Examination in Karnataka for admission to the Second year/ Third semester of the day and Evening Engineering Degree courses for the academic year 2013-14 in Government, University, Private Aided and Private Unaided Engineering Colleges in Karnataka State.
Eligibility criteria to apply:
For Day colleges:
- Candidates should have a Diploma certificate in the appropriate branch of engineering awarded by the Board of Technical Examination in Karnataka or an equivalent examination in Karnataka and has passed the final year exam with an aggregate of minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST/Backward classes).
For Evening Colleges:
- Candidates should have a Diploma certificate in the appropriate branch of engineering awarded by the Board of Technical Examination in Karnataka or an equivalent examination in Karnataka and has passed the final year exam with an aggregate of minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST/Backward classes) and must have 2 years of work experience in a branch of Engineering Technology.
Admission to Architecture Course:
- Candidates should have passed 10+3 (Any Diploma Stream). In respect of Architecture he/she should have secured not less than 50% of the marks in the final year Diploma Examination. In respect of SC/ST/OBC candidates, it is 45% and appeared for National Aptitude test (NATA) conducted by the council of Architecture has secured 40% of marks.
How to apply for DCET 2013:
- For an application form, aspirants have to deposit Rs 650/- for general candidates, and Rs 500/- for SC/ST CAT-1) from any Nationalized bank through NEFT to Indian Bank, Malleswaram Branch, Acc No-878333780, IFSC Code-IDIB000M010 and details of deposited amount receipt have sent it to the mail id email@example.com.
- After depositing the amount through NEFT, bank will provide UTR (Unique Transaction Reference) number.
- Candidates have to submit all the details in Online in website of KEA including UTR no.
- Candidates have filled the application form in Online only.
- Candidates are advised to fill the online application form carefully, before filling the application form read the instructions.
- Once the application form filled and submitted, KEA will not provide an edit the application form.
- Last date to fill online application form: May 30, 2013.
- Last date to pay an amount through NEFT: June 1, 2013.
- Diploma CET 2013 on: June 16, 2013 from 9 AM to 12 PM.
- Kannada test in Bangalore only: June 16, 2013 from 2 PM to 3 PM.